Nutrition goes a long way in supporting reproductive health, and it's just a bonus that so many fertility-boosting foods happen to blend up beautifully in a smoothie. Even better? A nutrient-dense smoothie is perfect all year round, and we've worked up a recipe that makes taking your prenatal vitamins a downright treat. Pair this morning smoothie recipe with your Beli prenatals and drink up!
Beli Morning Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup water or full-fat milk
Directions couldn't be easier. Blend. Pour. Sip. Enjoy!
Why these ingredients?
Good question! Sure, they taste ahhh-mazing, but there's a method beyond blowing your taste buds.
- Berries. This fruit is bursting with anti-inflammatory phytonutrients and antioxidants, including folate and zinc, to support fertility in women and men. As a bonus, berries are lower in sugar than other fruits, and moderating sugar intake can also support fertility.
- Avocados. Avocados fall into the superfood category because they have crazy high amounts of folate and potassium, along with fiber, monounsaturated fats, and antioxidants, all of which benefit you during the preconception and pregnancy stages.
- Bananas. Rich in potassium and B6, which is key to regulating hormones and the menstrual cycle, bananas also add the perfect thick creaminess to your smoothie.
- Collagen powder. One word — protein!
- Full-fat dairy. If you can tolerate dairy, include it! It's high in saturated fat and fat-soluble vitamins like A, K, E, D, and K2. Studies show that women who consume full-fat dairy are less likely to have ovulation issues in comparison to women who opt for low-fat versions of milk, yogurt, cottage, and sherbert.